Procrastinating again.
I remember all throughout elementary and middle school, where I would procrastinate on doing actual work for as long as possible by reading anything I could get my hands on. Sometimes this resulted in quite interesting (and loud and tearful) arguments with my mother on what constituted "homework". This changed around 8th grade, when I was suddenly alerted to the fact that *gasp* people hung out online late at night, when everyone was scrambling to complete their problem sets/essays/presentations for the next day. And then the reading mostly stopped. (And the arguments changed...but that's a discussion for another time. Actually, Grey could probably continue on that topic. Maybe we'll make this an essay series.)
But now I'm picking it up again...I'm reading anything I can get my hands on, although I've gotten slightly better about keeping it within the limits of what I'm studying, so I'm getting *some* academic benefit from it, but it's still the same kind of thing--reading something because you don't want to have to sit down and write a paper or do the actual homework. Ugh.
I hate how theater classes start off so slowly, and with ridiculous amounts of busy work. It's actually probably not busy work to anyone else in there, including the majors, but it's like show-and-tell, only at the college level, and only just barely. But even in my costume design--which I should think would attract a certain kind of people, right?--people are having a hard time grasping the idea of designing with a certain concept in mind.
Anyway, what I'd wanted to say in this long and rambling and ultimately pointless post was that instead of working on homework that's due tomorrow, I'm taking the time to catch up on reading I was supposed to do last week, even though I know full well that if I never read it I am still fully capable of achieving an A. What bothers me is that in a week's not reading for this class because I didn't have the book, a full 90 pages of it has built up, like silt on a sandbank.
Dammit.
P.S. Mouse, did you know that Barnes & Noble is now publishing an English translation of both Akira and Trigun? It seems wrong somehow to be looking at manga, especially the cover, with the spine in your left hand. [Will linky everything later, when I'm really procrastinating.]
1 Comments:
I has the Trigun series. Am not Akira fan. :D
my shelf has Kenshin & Trigun in English, and Weis Kreuz & Yami no Matsuei & Fullmetal Alchemist in Japanese. ^^
Post a Comment
<< Home