### # robots.txt file created at http://www.yellowpipe.com # For domain: http://sleepychameleon.blogspot.com ### User-agent: * Disallow: / sleepychameleon hangout v2.0: Saw Hero just now

9.18.2004

Saw Hero just now

On Shana's computer. With no subtitles. Bah. This is one of the times I'm really glad that I read the spoiler summary before watching the movie. *g* But yes, very very pretty. My various comments throughout the movie cracked up both Shana and Lauren. Go me.
  1. Tony Leung in general: Me: The bottom half of his face looks Mexican...(Shana agrees with this)
  2. Jet Li walks up to the enormous closed gate. Me: "Open sesame!"
  3. Emperor and Tony Leung fight in the imperial hall and the Emperor loses green-robed Tony in the curtains: Me: "Oh shit! I shouldn't have put in those green curtains!"

Among other things. Ah, how I love watching movies in other people's rooms...

I remember when my family watching CTHD in the theaters. I literally cracked up when Zhang Ziyi was wandering in the desert chasing after Chen Chang. My sister leaned over and hissed, "What's so funny?" and honestly, I was laughing over the fact that she was going through all that trouble to get a comb back.

4 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

duuuude. I saw it with subtitles. No good. but I hadn't read a summary of what the movie was about beforehand.. I was SO CONFUSED, lol.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Gamera said...

You should check out Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon, which has a similar narrative structure.

It wasn't all that hard to decipher, goodness. When we were watching it we were making fun of the subtitles. The idea behind it is simple, no?

(And what's with Zhang Ziyi having a sex scene in every single movie she's done?)

5:06 PM  
Blogger sugarfiend said...

Shana said she was always the slutty one. I made it more broad by saying that she was always the pissy one. Did she have a sex scene in that Jackie Chan/Chris Rock movie? (Don't remember the name..) Don't think so...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Gamera said...

You're thinking of Rush Hour 2. You're right, no explicit sex scene there, just the hint of one. But if you check out her list of Chinese movies some time, it would apply.

...In support of the slutty argument, she's got the nickname of "little Gong Li" because she's rumoured to have gotten where she is by sleeping with at least one director.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home