### # robots.txt file created at http://www.yellowpipe.com # For domain: http://sleepychameleon.blogspot.com ### User-agent: * Disallow: / sleepychameleon hangout v2.0: Rudy Rucker, <i>The Sex Sphere</i>

10.01.2004

Rudy Rucker, The Sex Sphere

V. odd book. I finished it in an afternoon...two or three hours, I think. Actually, more like two. I spent the first hour or so stuffing my face.

It's my first Rudy Rucker, and there's a lot of suspended disbelief involved....think horrifically bad, cheesy, campy movie that you and your friends rent just to laugh at.

From the back cover:
Meet Babs.

The reason she talks in a heavy Hungarian accent is that the first personality she wolfed down was an Iron Curtain physicist.

The reason she has taken on the shape of what every man wants most is that she needs power.

The reason she needs power is that she wants to go home. To the Fourth Dimension.
Which isn't entirely true of the book, but it was enough to make me pick it up off the "free" shelf at the Friends of the Library Bookstore. (Btw, Cindy, I picked up a copy of Paulsen's Voyage of the Frog that you can have, if you want.) V. odd book, The Sex Sphere. Actually, don't buy it...I'll lend you my copy.

Coming up next: Goodbye Chunky Rice, Batman Black and White, The English Patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyan said...

The Voyage of the Frog wasn't that good of a book the first time I read it. Of course, that was when I was in fifth grade so my perspective might've changed since then. I'm sure it's good. I just don't remember much of it except somethingrather about canned goods becoming salty. Hopefully will be much better on a second read. xP

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home