And today was a good day for linkies
Let's get all the videos out of the way first--
From Japan comes a cute tea commercial. Then there's a spoof on Apple's famous 1984 Super Bowl commercial which actually illustrates my sentiments quite nicely. A mash of Superfriends and Office Space gives us This Place Sucks, and then there's the Consumers Union's little cartoon The Drugs I Need.
Sort of along the same lines is this Beatles remix site. Think The Grey Album type stuff.
Then it gets more random. If you're looking for pretty pictures, go to Tales of Future Past. Zug has something funny with Turnpike Pranks, and geek news is the development of an invisibility shield a la the Romulans. I also checked out PostSecret today.
Finally, read this awesome cyberpunk short story called Strike a Pose. It's about as punky as cyberpunk gets, blending fantasy-tech and a dystopian setting with a bit of fairy tale magic, voodoo, drag queens, and vogueing. It is a bit (ok, very) violent and crude, at times, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Particularly because Cinderella wasn't so much a helpless victim, and didn't need a Prince. Just a modeling contract. [I think the gender references might be a bit off on this, though. Khalil, can you correct/verify?]
1 Comments:
I used the 1984 video for a production in high school once. I wish i still had it...
Post a Comment
<< Home