Hearst Castle Grounds Landscape
Still testing out my new camera here. For a while when I was in high school, I took a lot of photographs that were a whole lot of sky and just a little bit of landscape at the bottom. Then I came to Berkeley and saw Robert Misrach's exhibit at the Art Museum, and decided that I didn't want to do the same thing, even though I had arrived at that kind of composition on my own and he had made a career out of shooting photographs of mostly sky.
Here, though, I probably would have shot most of the sky if I hadn't been limited by the speed of the bus and the bus window and the admonition that we were to keep all parts of our person within the vehicle (which I actually listen to after hearing about a classmate's grandmother who tried to cool off by sticking her head outside a bus window and met her demise via decapitation from oncoming vehicle). Sky is pretty. Sky is large, and we city-dwellers tend to get too wrapped up in our lives and our streets and our skyscrapers to realize that compared to the size of the world, we really are kind of insignificant.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home