### # robots.txt file created at http://www.yellowpipe.com # For domain: http://sleepychameleon.blogspot.com ### User-agent: * Disallow: / sleepychameleon hangout v2.0: For all the pre-med kids out there

9.26.2004

For all the pre-med kids out there

...None of which appear to be members of this blog. :P

New women's health issue treating sexes differently.

3 Comments:

Blogger sugarfiend said...

Heh. Well, I'm taking a Science, Technology, and Society class at the moment and coincidentally tonight I've been reading about women and science. Everything from science being a male-dominated field to genital mutilation (or intersex "normalization.") I suppose I'll have to derive some sort of point relating all of the readings by the time class rolls around tomorrow but for now...-________-;;

But yeah. I not pre-med, but bio's still coooooool. And that's always made sense to me. But ya know, the whole male-dominated field thing...of COURSE we'd be pretty much the same as men, riiiiiight?

12:24 AM  
Blogger Gamera said...

I didn't mean that the article wouldn't be interesting to non pre-meds. (Goodness, you and mouse and lil sis all MCB-ish majors, not to mention Josh in BioE.) Towards the end of the article there's an implied call for more physicians, and specifically female physicians, to study their fields from a female perspective. And that's why I direct it to the pre-meds. Unfortunately, I think I make a better lawyer than a doctor, because I hate chem, and I dislike being unable to excel at everything in my chosen field. Which reminds me...LSATs! Someone else will have to play doctor.

8:02 AM  
Blogger sugarfiend said...

Actually I've decided against MCB - just biology now. And BioE class muuuuuuch more fun than MCB class last year. Fuzzies! I should have realized that earlier, but such is the way of life. (And my sucky GPA - all of my suitemates got invited to the Fall Awards and Scholar's Banquet via their GPAs, and I got invited because I won something via my painting class. Woohoo?)

Hahaha, I pride myself on being reasonably competent at a lot of things, but not excelling much at any of them. Hopefully I'll be able to change that around with art. Not fantastic at it, but I guess at least I have something to work with...

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home