*coff* HINT *coff*
I am Progressive Girl
Click on the picture below to read more:
|
Interesting site, that. Anyway. Kind of interested in a few different guys right now (all Asian--no cute smart white boys around. Or of any other race, for that matter) but not really wanting to get involved in a relationship. Doesn't mean I don't flirt heartlessly.
In other news (and this may have just reinforced my desire NOT to get hooked up)--Surfer Boy's dead. Died a few months ago, in August...they just found him in bed one morning, lifeless.
I didn't know him very well, but from what I did know of him, I loved. The worst part of it is learning little things about him that would have made me crush harder, were he still alive...which instead make me sad. Like hearing how he quoted Ulysses in a letter to his friend in South Africa, about the sea calling a man home.
I'll think of him once in a while, if not often, and remember him fondly.
3 Comments:
Woh! I'm also a Progressive Girl! Yay!
Eep, Surfer Boy's dead?!! How sad...How did you find out? Hopefully it wasn't anything like me finding out about pilotdude over the summer, but at least he's not dead (yet..).
Last year a guy in my class (who was a drum major) died in a car accident. I didn't know him that well (lil sis was in marching band so she knew him better) and I didn't have a crush on him, but I was still saddened and shocked. I always believe that we will be able to somehow keep in touch with those we've said goodbye to, someday. (That's probably why I didn't cry at high school graduation - I knew I'd probably see my classmates again.) But ya know, when they're dead, that's it. It's just impossible to imagine someone you saw alive, as...not alive. I don't know. I've never been to a funeral, but it might actually hit home for me if I saw someone in a casket.
I ran into a list of Berkeley's dead..I was googling Czeslaw Miloscz, I think (my spelling on that is atrocious, I know) when I saw his name on the list of people who'd died in August 2004. Additional Googling yielded this. And then I couldn't write my paper anymore, so I went to demo team practice to zone out for a couple hours, thinking.
...and I just realized that in the comments to that entry is Tim's father, posting under Tim's name. Which means, of course, that the information had been saved, and therefore that there are little messages from Tim, on this man's site and perhaps others.
Strange how we encounter those things that others have left behind....I can pass Sather Gate Garage now without thinking of Nathan Fong's suicide, but once in a while I'll run into someone that ran around with his circle of friends, and then there's always that tinge of regret, that I didn't get to know these people better when they were alive, and now they're gone.
Post a Comment
<< Home