Happy Birthday Bear
Whups, skipped another day. Sort of. Haven't yet gone to sleep yet, at least.
I made this little guy out of kleenex and Elmer's glue. The hat is an index card with little c's cut out so it fit around the ears, the pom pom on the hat is teeny strips of drafting vellum folded in half and stuck in a half-hard drop of Sobo glue. The present is an origami balloon made from an imitation post-it note I got back when I worked for an aerospace company, plus organza ribbon I originally bought for my mask project in designing A Midsummer Night's Dream for Costume Design class.
The original Tissue Paper Bear was a crafting how-to I came across in Highlights magazine, when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I think it recommended a scrap of fabric to tie around the bear's neck as a sort of scarf. I made one of those, using a scrap of fabric from my father's tie. These days I probably would take a piece of cotton string and look up how to make a hangman's noose.
Heh. Maybe I'll do that one next.
I am kind of liking the all-white trend that I've been doing lately, though--I attached #1 to my white elephant gift exchange for demo team at Christmas, a bear reading a book; #2 was a bear with angel wings, given to R for the same holiday. However, I've a standing request from Adora for a bear in a hogu, which would necessarily break the color streak. We'll see what happens.
I mean, there's always the hangman's noose.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home