Obligatory Thanksgiving Post
...Soon to be followed by the Obligatory New Year's Post.
Things I am thankful for:
1. Having my own studio apartment. Other than every once in a while's "dammit, why can't someone do my dishes for me?", it's been a dream come true...down to the smell of coffee wafting in from downstairs and the afternoon coffeeshop crowd, complete with dogs and small children.
2. Family. Yes, it's a bit claustrophobic at times in the clan, but most of the time, I'm glad they're there and they (usually) let me do my own thing.
3. Boy. The bestest boyfriend I could dream of having. He's not only supplied me with half the furniture and appliances I have now, but also put up with my mood swings (and believe me, I've been hard to get along with sometimes). He's brought me food and cooked and cleaned for me, and held me close when I was an abject puddle of tears on the bed, then made me laugh when I was done. Falling in love is falling in love--all enveloping like jumping into a pile of feather pillows.
4. Friends. Steph and Scott, thank you for being people I can depend upon, no matter what. Everyone else: You're not specifically mentioned because I haven't needed you recently, which is not a bad thing except that I am forgetful.
5. Long 5-day weekend, courtesy of my classmates' campaigning and the professors relenting. Which means...now I go study.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home