### # robots.txt file created at http://www.yellowpipe.com # For domain: http://sleepychameleon.blogspot.com ### User-agent: * Disallow: / sleepychameleon hangout v2.0: Trying to get back into the swing of this

8.01.2006

Trying to get back into the swing of this

Time was that I blogged daily, hefty little entries of teenaged angst and frustration. Then there was the phase where I blogged less thoroughly and personally, and posted links instead.

Ultimately, both of these tacks panned out because I didn't have a clear sense of purpose of where they were going. And now? I blog erratically, but the recent slew of longer-than-normal entries is me trying to get my rusty bloggy wheels going again. I do have a point with this, promise--my goal is to get back into the habit of posting something of worth every day--perhaps not an entry, maybe just a photograph or a sketch, or little blips of my notes, but at least a coherent thought that could be something of a larger whole.

Lastly, that won't be here. It may take ages for me to get off my butt and work with the people I need to be working with, and submit graphic designs and all, but that's the final goal in mind. And while my goals, being the ridiculously grandiose things they are, tend to require several years before they actually start moving (developing, blooming, whatnot), in the end I generally end up with a product that I am decently happy with plus quite a few side benefits. Case in point: keen interest in martial arts has now translated to a fair level of athletic fitness, but has also spawned a minor social circle of friends, quite a few mentor figures, a Boy (hi snuggly!), a greater appreciation for physical achievement, and most surprisingly, career connections.

To get back to my original point, I'll move eventually, and when I do move it'll be into some nice new digs and hopefully for good. But for now, keep checking here. I'll announce the move and perhaps transfer a few of the more notable entries over. We'll see how it goes.

As always, thanks for reading along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyan said...

meep. We sort of analogy your martial arts to my CS, don't we? I don't know. My projects don't seem to get very far. In doing CS, I've ended up with two of those things that you listed in association with martial arts (minor social cirle... and I guess that other thing), but also with generic lost feeling and, "I am not very good at this, no matter how hard I try." And somehow other projects never get anywhere near started. Mei has no interests? Not good, I guess. Roadkill-ness.

*meeps again* that's all. Not overl y mopey. But just something I wonder about from time to time.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home