Went to sparring class today
Am slightly broken on my left side. Got kicked in the hand by someone, which made me worry about my future state of violin-playing ability because I was dealing with shooting pains from my left pinky finger, second joint up to past my wrist. I got hook-kicked just above the elbow by a black belt, which left a visible bump and makes bending it all the way kind of painful, and back kicked on the inside of my thigh by yet another black belt. Then there's the various times I got kicked in the wrists, punched between my neck and my hogu, kicked in the windpipe (for the second Saturday in a row--what is this?!?) and generally squashed by all the higher ranks.
I'm slightly broken in other aspects as well, but that's ok.
Demo team practice was uninteresting other than the slight annoyance of dealing with the various pains on my left side, except for learning how to do halos. I can't do one yet...well, I sort of landed one towards the end of practice, but my right ankle (the one I sprained over the summer) wasn't very happy with me on the landing. And I didn't even extend for the kick.
Spent my afternoon after demo with Roger, eating pho and ice cream. That was a nice distraction from other, less pleasant things.
Should I go to a rave or a taekwondo party on Saturday of Halloween weekend?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home